Common Sense Leadership. Proven Results.
I am eager to take on the role as your NAHU Secretary. I believe that NAHU is the best member driven association available in our industry, but also believe that we must grow to meet the needs of our members. NAHU needs to expand its portfolio to include lines of coverage our members are forced to offer in this post ACA environment.
I also believe that members make the best decisions with respect to the future of their association. I have always put membership first in every role I undertake and will continue to do just that. If we continue to build our membership then everything else will fall into place.
I strongly believe in what each of us does on a daily basis. I will personally fight to make sure we will continue to have the ability to help the public make educated and secure decisions regarding their own healthcare, and how they receive it. The future of our industry relies heavily on the role each of us plays today. Through the involvement of individuals like you we can protect our future!
Rusty entered the insurance industry in 1993 as a Medicare HMO sales representative. In 1995 he was given an opportunity to develop and implement a HMO vision plan for a national Optical Retail chain. In 2003 Rusty took a position with Avesis Incorporated as a Regional Vice President of Sales concentrating on Employer Group and Health Plan sales in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas.
Rusty currently serves as the Avesis Third Party trainer as well as acts as the Avesis Healthcare Reform expert providing informational sessions to company employees and clients. As PPACA Certified through NAHU, Rusty has taught over 75 hours of healthcare reform courses to Associations, Employer groups, Broker Clients and Chambers of Commerce.
- San Antonio –AHU Board Member since 2001 – President 04-05, Current Trustee Emeritus
- Texas AHU Board Member Since 2004 – President 09-10, Current Trustee and Honorees Board President
- Region VI Board Member Since 2009 –Current Region VI RVP
- NAHU Delegate Since 2002
- 8 years of Cap Conference Attendance
We shouldn’t have to convince people to join NAHU. They should convince us why they don’t.
Rusty has been at the forefront of Public Relations for TAHU via many publications, interviews and radio appearances. He participated in Governor Rick Perry’s Think Tank Panel regarding Healthcare options and trends for Texans. On February 13th 2010 he testified in a mock congressional hearing for a joint effort of the Austin CCD and the University of Texas providing
insight on Healthcare Reform.
Rusty also testified in front of the Texas Senate Commission on the State Affairs regarding transparency and the role of the insurance agent. Rusty has attended the Texas AHU day at the Capital every year since 2004.[su_box title=”Proven Results” box_color=”#bcd030″]Local Awards
- 2006 SAAHU Underwriter of the year
- 2009 SAAHU Dave Clark Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2002 TAHU Public Service Award
- 2011 TAHU Ken Martin Excellence in Communication
- 2012 TAHU Shirley Hutzler Legislative Excellence Award
- LPRT Since 2007
- 7 time Triple Crown Recognition
- As SAAHU President – Pacesetter Award, Public Service Award, Large Chapter Membership Gain Award, Overall Membership Champion Award
- As TAHU President – Distinguished Service Award, Presidential Citation, Landmark Award, Website Award, Media Relations Award, Legislative Excellence, Blue ribbon of Excellence, Most New Members – Large Chapter
Rusty and his wife Lori live in Boerne Texas with their two sons, Skyler and Quinten.
8000 IH 10 West, Suite 715 | San Antonio, TX 78230